What is neil working on RIGHT NOW?
- Pro-Toolzery for Composer Andrew Lockington’s score for “Mayor of Kingstown” (Season 2 – 10 episodes)
“Poacher” – Composed by Andrew Lockington.
Wrapping up various Score Technical roles for this 8 Episode Drama by Richie Mehta.
First screening is at Sundance Film festival on Jan 20, 2023!
- Neil has just completed Music Composing & Music Editorial for a Nelvana / Redknot co-production called “Super Wish”. 52 x 11 minute Episodes!. Currently airing on YTV!
The Studio has seen some substantial updates this Year!
- A New Space – with Sunlight – Vampire Dungeon Begoneth!
- Dolby Atmos 7.1.4
- Digitally Controlled Analogue Patchbay System for recall and immediate “sonic sandbox” experimentation!
“Are you more expensive than my friend’s kid who uses Garageband?”
Neil has been Nominated by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television for his work:
2019 Best Original Music, Animation (Ranger Rob) as Composer
2021 Best Original Music, Animation (The Remarkable Mr. King) as Composer
2022 Best Original Music, Animation (Ranger Rob) as Composer
2022 Best Sound, Animation (Ranger Rob) as Music Editor within Sound Team
Neil has been Nominated by the Screen Composers Guild of Canada for
a Canadian Screen Music Award (CASMA) for his work:
2022 Best Original Score for a Children’s Program or Series: Ranger Rob
2022 Best Original Score for a Children’s Program or Series: Matchbox Adventures
Music EDITOR & Score Mixer
“I’ve been around, you know” – Lt. Col. Frank Slade
Long Form Episodic Television, Feature Films, Animation, Stereo, Surround, Orchestral Comping, Clicks, Clusterf#$! picture changes and conforms. Final mixes, upmixing to surround. Stemming. Deliverables.
You got it!
“The longer I know you, the stupider I get” – Anonymous client
Guiding Composers with the nitty-gritty melding of Tech, Process & Deployment.
I’ve had the pleasure of helping Composers design complete studio systems with seamless workflows for stemming and being ready for orchestral tracking and the mix stage. Efficiency = Productively = More time time to Compose!
I’ve worked with Composers recording remote, on location and on the recording floor at some pretty rad places such as CBC, Sony, Warner Brothers, Fox, Abbey Road and Air Studios!
- Music Industry Arts (MIA)
- Music technology one-on-one training to a US veteran residing in Toronto (2005)
- Recording Arts Curriculum Development: Pro Tools for Music Production, MIDI & Synthesis
More than just Beeps, Bleeps and Boops!
Serving Film & Television Composers everywhere with custom bespoke sounds created using a huge array of modular synthesizers and outstanding outboard processing equipment
Crazy Cat Dad
This has nothing to do with anything.
IT’S A PIC OF MY CAT!!
Some Film & TV I’ve worked on: